-->

Monday, February 21, 2011

Charmed, I'm sure

This is probably one of the easiest DIYs yet, I did it with things I had on hand. {I tend to obsessively stock up on things, especially when they are on sale, and use them all later.  This was the case}
I took each charm and attached it to a jump ring.  The kilt pin with charm hangers as well as the octopus charm I got for 50 cents each I believe at Joann's.  The other charms are from etsy.  With the handcuff and angel wing charms, I wanted one to hang lower than the other, so I attached one's jump ring to the other's.
I decided to have some multilength chains hanging down behind the octopus so it looked more jumbled.  I cut three different lengths of chain, and attached the ends to a jump ring, which was connected to the kilt pin.
 I used bigger chain for the actual chain part.  The beauty of this necklace is that it requires no clasp; the pin IS the clasp.  Open the pin, slide on/off the chain, close the pin.  Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
I love this wooden mini dress form. It's so shabby chic, which usually isn't me, but I fell in love with it.  It was a couple of dollars, scored on my recent thrifting spree. 
I really love this necklace and have worn it probably 5 times in the last 2 weeks.  I love the mood it has to it, especially with the angel wings.  It kind of contradicts the darkness of the octopus and the implied badness of the handcuffs.  I'm all about contradiction :)
xxooxoxo
Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...